- London 2012
- Podium: the Further Education and Higher Education unit for London 2012 Games. Podium works with Colleges and Universities to engage them with all aspects of the London2012 Olympics and Paralympics. See more details about this resource below.
- Cultural Olympiad: discover London 2012′s four-year Cultural Olympiad
- Competefor: the business portal to access London 2012 and other major contract opportunities
Blogs and news
Podium – Opportunities
We already mentioned this source of opportunities to get involved in our page “Get involved”. The Podium “Opportunities” page “features sector related business opportunities, competitions, upcoming funding opportunities, job vacancies and a range of other opportunities for engagement with the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games”.
www.podium.ac.uk/opportunities (browse the subcategories)
Podium Skills London
Podium Skills London is the place to go to if you want to sharpen your job skills with a view to seize one of the many job opportunities created by the Games.
The site should be of interest not only to students and graduates but also to UAL staff. From Podium Skills London: “If you work within a college or university it could also be useful for you to read on and find out more about the specific skills demands of the 2012 Games. This could help you spot potential skills shortages and think about how you could help fill them”.
- Podium and the right job skills for London 2012 – overview: www.podiumskillslondon.co.uk
- Employment forecast for media and creative people: www.podiumskillslondon.co.uk/demand/sector/media-and-creative
- Creative Media training opportunities across London: www.podiumskillslondon.co.uk/courses/map/media-and-creative
Podium – London region
Find out about existing Further and Higher education projects related to London 2012 on London’s map:
Regional contact for the Cultural Olympiad: see our page “Get involved”. Please note that our “Get involved” page contain links to the Cultural Olympiad and Inspire Programme current projects, which you can join or look at as a source of information for further projects.
You may also look at inspiring examples in the “Showcase” page of the Podium website: www.podium.ac.uk/showcase
You can also attend conferences and educational events: www.podium.ac.uk/events
Other useful contacts: www.podium.ac.uk/links
University of the Arts London libraries
1. Documents related to the Olympics in the Library Catalogue:
- A century of Olympic posters / Margaret Timmers. V & A Publishing, 2008
- Olympic architecture : Beijing 2008 / Beijing Institute of Architectural Design (ed.). China Architecture & Building Press, 2008.
- The Olympic Games : a social science perspective / Kristine Toohey and A.J. Veal. CABI, 2007
- Olympic event organization / Eleni Theodoraki. Elsevier/Butterworth-Heinemann, 2007.
2. Share your London 2012 work:
- Research: UAL Research Online repository
- Teaching and learning material: Open Educational Resources initiative
For more information please read our “Share research and educational resources” blog post. Please note that the new contact for these projects is Stephanie Meece, tel 020 7514 9334, email@example.com .
UK Institutional Repository
Search the UK Institutional Repository to find the best resources for study and research: http://irs.mimas.ac.uk/demonstrator/