University of the Arts London
Applications are welcomed from individuals and course teams that model the University’s commitment to create a culture of social and environmental awareness and who can demonstrate a substantial and significant positive impact upon the student experience through the integration of sustainable and ethical practice. Applications may be based upon the practice of an individual, a course team or on a specific curriculum initiative.
We will recognise excellent practise:
- That builds upon existing scholarship/staff competencies and/or practices of sustainability in a holistic approach to education for sustainable development
- That involves and engages students in co-development of approaches to sustainable development, experiential, participatory and learner-centred education
- That builds capacity for sustainability through: both internal and external links/developments, ‘learning communities’, the sharing of tools and understanding/challenging current practice
- Where students demonstrate critical reflection on practices to create ecological, social, political and economic value
- Which result in staff/students making a positive contribution to others and their social and natural environment, locally and/or globally
- Where as a result unsustainable practice is challenged and transformed
- Where through engagement with diverse groups, cultures, generations, spaces, places and disciplines alternative approaches to sustainable practice are developed
Applications do not have to meet all criteria.
Download and complete an application form.
Submit the completed application to: Antony Johnston (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 22nd April 2013.
A review panel consisting of both internal and external reviewers will assess the applications.
For further information please contact Antony Johnston (email@example.com)