The EAUC has announced the launch of this year’s Green Gown Awards. Stage 1 applications are now open! This is our chance to shine and to shout about our sustainability achievements! The deadline for universities and colleges to submit their Stage 1 applications is Friday 13 July .
Now in their 8th year, the Green Gown Awards recognise the exceptional sustainability initiatives being undertaken by universities and colleges across the UK. With sustainability moving up the agenda, the Awards have become established as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the further and higher education sector.
For 2012, there are14 categories:
- Best Newcomer – NEW FOR 2012
- Carbon Reduction
- Colleges and Smaller Institutions
- Construction and Refurbishment
- Continuous Improvement: Institutional Change – inclusion in the Green Gown International Award
- Green ICT
- Learning and Skills
- Modernisation – Effectiveness and Efficiency in the Estate – NEW FOR 2012
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
- Research and Development
- Social Responsibility – inclusion in the Green Gown International Award
- Student Initiatives and Campaigns – inclusion in Green Gown International Award
The Green Gown Awards are run in the UK and in Australasia and this year we will be bringing them together with the winners from the UK and Australasia going head to head for a coveted International Award. Entries are taken from the three categories indicated above.