“Hello, as an American student who recently arrived in London to commence the MA Fashion Futures course at London College of Fashion, the role of a Postgraduate Community Ambassador resonates with my desire to learn from and engage with the greater UAL community as well as ensure that the Postgraduate Community is properly and meaningfully connected with all the resources and events the university has to offer.
Update: We are looking to recruit an Ambassador studying at Chelsea College of Arts
Here at UAL we have a Postgraduate Community initiative active across all of our six colleges.
Postgraduate Community provides access to cross-college and cross-disciplinary opportunities, events and networking for postgraduate taught and research students at University of the Arts London.
A team of 5 Postgraduate Community Ambassadors have already been recruited for the Spring Term and we are looking for the final member of the team to represent Chelsea College of Arts with the possibility of further employment.
PG Community Ambassadors will assist with our social media channels, help deliver and plan events and act as ambassadors and point of contact for the PG Community at each college.
Outside Colleges, tutor groups, lecture theatres and studios, UAL’s postgraduate students are tapping into a growing number of UAL-wide opportunities and benefits thanks to the UAL Postgraduate Community.
This initiative aims to build a diverse programme of cross-disciplinary cross-college masterclasses, reading groups, online lectures and events designed exclusively for our postgraduate taught and research student body.
This month, the UAL Postgraduate Community has recruited five Postgraduate Community College Ambassadors for the Autumn Term. The postgraduate students will be representing the Postgraduate Community at their colleges by spreading the word about the great opportunities available to MA and PhD students at UAL, helping to deliver and plan postgraduate student events and act as ambassadors and point of contact for the PG Community at each college*.
Text and images by Noemi Gunea,
MA Performance Design and Practice, Central Saint Martins
‘We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. ‘ ~Albert Einstein
Sustainability is a process or state that can be maintained at a certain level indefinitely. The word has been used a lot in connection with the environment to point to a practice that, as the Norwegian Brundtland Commission puts it, “meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”.
Sustainability in the arts can be seen from two perspectives: theme or practice. Many performance artists and theatre companies tackle themes of sustainability, such as ecological issues, political activism, economical inequality.
UAL PG Community on Twitter
- OPEN CALL for photographic work for major photography exhibition at @TCMargate Contemporary in 2019 Deadline 15 Sep… https://t.co/cHSJX3Cv2yyesterday
- You can keep in touch with UAL's PG Community after you graduate! Subscribe to our mailings with your personal emai… https://t.co/z7RQYj09XMyesterday
- MA Photography student @LCFLondon Magda Kuca has won the UAL ArtTemps 10:10 @PARC_UAL Portrait Commission to be sho… https://t.co/VEYvrcURq9yesterday
- Tonight CSM MA Innovation Management host 'T.E.N.S.E' (Temporary Environment for Navigating Scenarios of Emergence)… https://t.co/cUUwCulo8kyesterday
- London Festival of Architecture is on now until 30 June! With LFA Open Studios both today & tomorrow in Clerkenwell… https://t.co/hnN7yQkaxLyesterday