Deadline 31st August 2017, 4pm
In 2015, internationally acclaimed artist, Professor Lucy Orta UAL Chair of Art for the Environment – Centre for Sustainable Fashion, launched the Art for the Environment Residency Programme (AER), in partnership with residency programmes across Europe further afield. Applicants choose from a 2 to 4 week period at one of the hosting institutions, to explore concerns that define the twenty-first century – biodiversity, environmental sustainability, social economy, human rights – and through their artistic practice, envision a world of tomorrow.
Opportunity: Graphic Design Commission:
The AER Programme Team invites current UAL Postgraduate Students to apply for the AER Graphic Design Commission.
The selected designer will work with the AER team to create a graphic design package which will be used to promote the international residency programme for the next 3 years.
One proposal will be selected with a fee of £500 provided, the commission will be need to be completed by Friday 8th September 2017.
Shortlisted designs will be showcased on the Postgraduate Community Blog when the winning proposal is announced.
Design Package requirements:
- logo – sticker type – PNG file which can be used to ‘stamp’ onto host company photos as an AER identification
- Poster Design (A1 landscape)
- Webpage image (landscape 710 x 354 pixels)
Content for design:
- The logo must include the letters ‘AER’
- content for the AER Programme poster will need to include:
- Title: UAL Art for the Environment International Residency Programme (AER)
- For details visit http://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/postgraduate/community/art-for-the-environment-residency-programme/ shortened to https://goo.gl/KfkBY4
- Applications accepted from UAL graduates, postgraduates and recent alumni (within 12 months from graduation date).
UAL mini Branding Guidelines provided to the selected Designer.
How to apply:
Please email your draft proposal and information about your design to PGCommunity@arts.ac.uk by 4pm on Thursday 31st August 2017.
Ensure your design proposal responds to the the Design Package requirements set out above.
More about AER:
Through personal research, studio production time, critiques and mentoring sessions with Lucy Orta and a selection of Europe’s most exciting cultural institutions, the AER residency programme provides a platform for creative individuals, working across various disciplines, to imagine and create work that can make an impact on how we interact with the environment and each other.
To find out more about previous year’s programmes, please visit the individual webapges:
Read the announcements of this years residents and the written reports from completed AER residencies Postgraduate Community Blog.
The AER Team:
- Professor Lucy Orta AER Founder, UAL Chair of Art and the Environment, Centre for Sustainable Fashion
- Camilla Palestra AER Associate Curator, Centre for Sustainable Fashion
- Rachael Daniels Postgraduate Community and Event Manager