PG Community Ambassadors Oct-Dec16_800w

Photo: UAL Postgraduate Community Ambassadors (Autumn Term 2016-2017)

Outside Colleges, tutor groups, lecture theatres and studios, UAL’s postgraduate students are tapping into a growing number of UAL-wide opportunities and benefits thanks to the UAL Postgraduate Community.

This initiative aims to build a diverse programme of cross-disciplinary cross-college masterclasses, reading groups, online lectures and events designed exclusively for our postgraduate taught and research student body.

This month, the UAL Postgraduate Community has recruited five Postgraduate Community College Ambassadors for the Autumn Term.  The postgraduate students will be representing the Postgraduate Community at their colleges by spreading the word about the great opportunities available to MA and PhD students at UAL, helping to deliver and plan postgraduate student events and act as ambassadors and point of contact for the PG Community at each college*.

Meet the Postgraduate Community Ambassadors:

Frederic Anderson - Wimbledon_300

Frederic Anderson

Frederic is currently studying on the MFA Fine Art course at Wimbledon College of Arts.

“Hello, I am in the second year of the MFA Fine Art course at Wimbledon College of Art. My work is rooted in the practice of drawing, examining the processes and outcomes involved in working from direct observation.

I’m originally from London but have spent the past 13 years living in Italy. I moved back to attend the MFA and am really enjoying all the many and varied opportunities offered by living in London and studying at UAL.

I believe that a strong and healthy peer network is fundamentally important to maintaining a sustainable career in the fine arts after graduation.”

Aimee Crickmore - Camberwell_300

Aimee Crickmore 

Aimee is currently studying on the MA Conservation course at Camberwell college of Arts.

“Hi everyone! I’m currently in my final year of the MA Conservation course at Camberwell, on the Books and Archival Materials pathway. I’m very passionate about the history of craft and making and the evolution of those traditions, particularly relating to books!

In my spare time, I volunteer within the heritage and museum sectors, through which I’ve had the opportunity to meet some truly wonderful people and visit some amazing places! I’m looking forward to collaborating with the rest of the team and look forward to seeing you at future events!” 

Camilla Glorioso - LCF_300

Camilla Glorioso 

Camilla is currently studying MA Fashion Photography course at London College of Fashion.

“I am an Italian visual artist and photographer, currently based in London, with a bit of Venice still in my mind and heart. I make lists. I love the sound of extravagant words, cooking, listening to Chopin, giving proper names to objects and taking pictures.

My photography is strongly influenced by the details of everyday life, and I strive to give value to simple objects or situations within my work. I am now interested mainly in mixed media, collages and interactive photography.

Having worked in event planning before enrolling at UAL I can’t wait to plan new ways to make postgrads meet and collaborate!”

Noemi Gunea - CSM _300

Noemi Gunea

Noemi is currently studying on the MA Performance Design and Practice course at Central Saint Martins.

“My name is Noemi Gunea and I’m in the 2nd year of my MA Performance Design course. I’m originally from Bucharest, Romania, and my background is in acting.

Our course involves a lot of collaboration, so I’d like to make that contagious across the university – we’ll never have another chance to meet and work with such a diverse pool of creatives, and these encounters could be far-reaching for our development as artists and our careers!”

Loye Olatunbosun - LCC_300

Loye Olatunbosun

Loye is currently studying on the MA Public Relations course at London College of Communication.

“Hey hey! I’m Loye and am a first-year MA Public relations student. I’m Proudly African – I come from Nigeria but I have been living in England for the last 6 years. My interests in Art, Fashion and Theatre stemmed from the vibrancy of the African culture in performing arts, music and fashion. I enjoy living in London with the amazing food and culture scene!

I love meeting new people and gaining new knowledge and different perspectives of the world and of life. My practice encompasses all aspects of Public Relations from Corporate communications and Strategy Formulation to Media Relations and everything in between. Knowing what to do and how to organise yourself in the creative industry with regards to media and communications is essential. I believe in the importance of networking and meeting amazing new people from diverse backgrounds whilst we are at UAL and hope that many of you will be attending the Postgraduate Community events we will be organising this term – I’m looking forward to meeting you!”.

*Note that we are still looking for an Ambassador to represent Chelsea College of Arts – If you are a postgraduate student studying at this college and are interested in this role – click on the link below:

PG Ambassador Chelsea Advert