Tag Archives: special collections
Europeana Fashion is a useful web site bringing together information and links to fashion collections, museums, events and exhibitions across Europe. http://www.europeanafashion.eu/portal/home.html It is a network of 22 partners from 12 European countries which represent the leading institutions and collections … Continue reading
We have a newly designed web page for the London College of Fashion Archives which can be found at http://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/library-services/collections-and-archives/london-college-of-fashion/ The new pages are much clearer to use and include links to the LCF Library Special Collections to help students and … Continue reading
Shoes from the Cordwainers Shoe Collection in the London College of Fashion Archives are on loan to Northampton Museum and Art Gallery displayed as part of the World Footwear Collection, the largest collection of shoe heritage in the world. Northampton have … Continue reading
BBC 4 will be showing Fabric of Britain: Knitting’s Golden Age on Wednesday 18 September made by the BBC in collaboration with the V&A for the Handmade in Britain project, The documentary includes Professor Sandy Black discussing material from the Women’s Home Industries (WHI) … Continue reading
The London College of Fashion Archives at John Princes Street will re-open for appointments from Tuesday 24 September. Please email email@example.com if you wish to make an appointment to use the Archives.
This water colour by Carolyn Boreham, a librarian at the London College of Fashion, is of a ladies white lace and leather boot from the 1870s with coloured embroidery and a red leather heel. The boot is from the Cordwainers … Continue reading
‘The Guardians of Heritage: the Special Archives‘ is a short film documentary about the archive collections at the London College of Fashion. View the film at http://vimeo.com/62280746 The film was conceived, filmed, edited and art direction by Victoria Salsas between October and December … Continue reading
Over the Easter vacation the Archives at the London College of Fashion will be closed until Tuesday 16 April. Best wishes for Spring arriving soon!
Current Library Displays
- Dear UAL Library users, the way we communicate with you will be changing from September. Find out more here: http://t.co/qG6sj87JuA,
- Don't forget Monday is a bank holiday so when Libraries etc close today they won't reopen until Tues 26 August http://t.co/4y120PD61b Enjoy!,
- Thanks to all who completed our library catalogue survey - really informative. We’re looking at new systems and aim to fulfil your wishes!,
- Next Monday 25 August is a bank holiday so all Libraries, Learning Zones and the ASCC will be closed. Check http://t.co/9GhcIVllAV,
- Wimbledon Library and Computer Centre will be closed on Friday 15th August due to essential IT work - Reopening on Monday 18th August.,
- Changes to communications from UAL Libraries.
- Bank Holiday Closing Monday 25 August 2014
- Library Survey results – SO helpful, thank you!
- Wimbledon Library and Computer Centre Closure 15th August
- Cite Them Right Online
- Camberwell Library Computer Centre closed 6 – 18 August
- Camberwell Library closed Wednesday 13 – Friday 15
- Knitwear exhibition this autumn
- Summer Opening – New EXTENDED Hours
- Summer in the Archives