Tag Archives: special collections
Europeana Fashion is a useful web site bringing together information and links to fashion collections, museums, events and exhibitions across Europe. http://www.europeanafashion.eu/portal/home.html It is a network of 22 partners from 12 European countries which represent the leading institutions and collections … Continue reading
We have a newly designed web page for the London College of Fashion Archives which can be found at http://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/library-services/collections-and-archives/london-college-of-fashion/ The new pages are much clearer to use and include links to the LCF Library Special Collections to help students and … Continue reading
Shoes from the Cordwainers Shoe Collection in the London College of Fashion Archives are on loan to Northampton Museum and Art Gallery displayed as part of the World Footwear Collection, the largest collection of shoe heritage in the world. Northampton have … Continue reading
BBC 4 will be showing Fabric of Britain: Knitting’s Golden Age on Wednesday 18 September made by the BBC in collaboration with the V&A for the Handmade in Britain project, The documentary includes Professor Sandy Black discussing material from the Women’s Home Industries (WHI) … Continue reading
The London College of Fashion Archives at John Princes Street will re-open for appointments from Tuesday 24 September. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make an appointment to use the Archives.
This water colour by Carolyn Boreham, a librarian at the London College of Fashion, is of a ladies white lace and leather boot from the 1870s with coloured embroidery and a red leather heel. The boot is from the Cordwainers … Continue reading
‘The Guardians of Heritage: the Special Archives‘ is a short film documentary about the archive collections at the London College of Fashion. View the film at http://vimeo.com/62280746 The film was conceived, filmed, edited and art direction by Victoria Salsas between October and December … Continue reading
Over the Easter vacation the Archives at the London College of Fashion will be closed until Tuesday 16 April. Best wishes for Spring arriving soon!
Current Library Displays
- Journal of the Week: 'Journal of Contemporary Chinese Art'. Access via the e-Journals portal: http://t.co/5ecTsvSME7,
- Create a personalized reading room with #BrowZine. Download to get started! http://t.co/vDB4jpwhf5,
- RT @UAL_AcadSupport: One final place on Researching Skilfully workshop @LCCLondon tomorrow, book here: http://t.co/WtpshiacQr @UAL_Libraries @LearningZone,
- RT @bufvc_bob: Our webinar 'An intro to BoBl' is taking place TOMORROW, 1pm - 2pm. All welcome! It's not too late to book you know...http://t.co/Tl4Sxa9OzS,
- It's the return of Journal of the Week!This week:Luxury: History,Culture,Consumption.Access via the e-Journal portal: http://t.co/UzqJXxG9Zq,
- Dawsonera problems – update 21/10/14
- Ongoing problems with dawsonera ebooks
- Wimbledon library opening hours 6th – 14th October
- New Exhibition at the British Library
- Dawsonera ongoing download problems
- What has the London College of Fashion Archives got for you?
- Courtauld Annual Book Sale, 30 September – 7 October
- Printing services unavailable from 5pm today Thursday 25 September
- Changes to communications from UAL Libraries.
- Oxford Reference training Wednesday 24th September at 10.00am