We constantly measure our levels of service to make sure we are offering you the best we can.
We are pleased to say that last term we improved our performance in two areas:
- We improved our standard ‘Library Search service will be available 24/7 100% of the time’ from 88% to 100%
- We improved our standard ‘90% of all returned materials will be re-shelved within 24 hours’ from 86% to 96%
Here’s the full picture (best viewed in Chrome):
Targets we met:
1. 90% of all returned materials will be re-shelved within 24 hours.
2. 80% of face to face enquiries will be resolved at the first point of contact.
3. 99% of face to face enquiries were resolved at the first point of contact.
4. We will respond to Twitter feedback within 3 hours of receipt during fully staffed opening hours. This is a new standard this term.
5. 95% of students attending Library Services skills sessions will agree or strongly agree that they have found the session useful.
Targets where we came close (within 5% of the target)
6. We will maintain our advertised opening hours for all of our libraries 100% of the time.
Not met. Our libraries were open 99.7% of the advertised times.
7. 95% of open access computers and printer/photocopiers will be operational at any one time
Not met. 91% of printers/photocopiers were operational at any one time
8. 100% of written enquiries and feedback will be responded to in 3 days.
Not met. 99% of written enquiries and feedback were responded to in 3 days. We are looking at our channels of communication and ensuring there is someone available to answer enquiries at all times.
Targets we are working on:
9. 100% of requested Archives and Special Collections items will be available to view within one working day.
Not met. 89% of Archives and Special collections items were available within one working day. We are now stocktaking our Camberwell Special Collections to ensure that the items requested are available and have been relocated correctly following the move to the new Library.
10. 80% of new print books will reach the shelves within 6 weeks
Not met. 73% of print books reached the shelves within 6 weeks. This is a new standard we have never been able to report on before and we’ll be working hard to achieve it as we move forward.
All comments welcome in person in our libraries, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For our Service Commitment and service standards see: