We constantly measure our levels of service to make sure we are offering you the best we can.
We are pleased to say that last term we improved our performance in three areas:
- We improved our standard of resolving 80% of face to face enquiries at the first point of contact from 97% to 99%
- We improved our standard of 95% of computers, printers and photocopiers operational at any one time from 98% to 99%
- We improved our standard of 95% of students attending Library Services skills sessions agreeing that they found them useful from 95% to 97%.
Here’s the full picture (best viewed in Chrome):
Targets we met:
1. 95% of open access computers and printer/photocopiers will be operational at any one time
Met. 99% of printers/photocopiers were operational at any one time.
2. 80% of face to face enquiries will be resolved at the first point of contact.
Met. 99% of face to face enquiries were resolved at the first point of contact.
3. We will respond to Twitter feedback within 3 hours of receipt during fully staffed opening hours. This is a new standard this term.
Met. 100% of feedback was responded to within 3 hours
4. 95% of students attending Library Services skills sessions will agree or strongly agree that they have found the session useful.
Met. 97% of students attending Library Services skills sessions agreed that they have found the session useful.
Targets where we came close (within 5% of the target)
5. We will maintain our advertised opening hours for all of our libraries 100% of the time.
Not met. Our libraries maintained 99% of our advertised opening hours. We were close but we are looking at ways to make sure we have enough staff to cover last minute sickness
6. 90% of all returned materials will be re-shelved within 24 hours. This standard was halved from 48 hours to 24 hours this term.
Not met. 86% of returned materials were re-shelved within 24 hours. We are looking at ways to predict busy times so we can make sure we have enough staff
7. 100% of requested Archives and Special Collections items will be available to view within one working day.
Not met. 99% of Archives and Special collections items were available within one working day. We have identified that we failed to meet this due to stock going missing after the move to the new Camberwell library. We will be doing an inventory to ensure all advertised material is available in future.
8. 100% of written enquiries and feedback will be responded to in 3 days.
Not Met. 99% of written enquiries and feedback were responded to in 3 days. We are looking at our channels of communication and ensuring there is someone available to answer enquiries at all times.
Targets we are working on:
9. Our Library Search service will be available 24/7 100% of the time (except for periods of advertised downtime)
Not met. Our Library Search service was available 89% of the time due to unexpected network failures. We are working with our suppliers and IT department to ensure this is more reliable.
All comments welcome in person in our libraries, or by email: email@example.com
For our Service Commitment and service standards see: