Next up on our LCFBA18 showcase are graduates from BA (Hons) Fashion Public Relations and Communication and BA (Hons) Fashion Styling and Production, with themes this year that include exploring the difference between fashion and art, Patagonia and a self-published magazine. In this series, we talk to Josephine Vermilye, Georgia Louise Masters, Ellie Simlett and Pearline Annaliese Yeo. Head down to Oval Space on Wednesday 6 June to see our most digital exhibition to date.

LCFBA18 is taking place at Oval Space, east London, between 5-6 June.

LCFBA18 is taking place at Oval Space, east London, on 6 June.

BA (Hons) Fashion Public Relations and Communication graduate Josephine Vermilye created a year-long plan for American sustainable fashion brand Patagonia for her LCFBA18 project. Josephine is also a zero waste YouTuber, lifestyle blogger, brand consultant and artist, a devoted individual who is passionate about using fashion to change human behaviour and consumption. She created an app for Patagonia that will be presented in two printed brand aligned documents. Josephine was also a runner-up for the IPSE Young Freelancer Award this year where the cash prize was £5,000. We asked her to describe her time at LCF in 140 characters, she told us, “My time at LCF has taught me confidence: in my skills and my self, that I was able to become a successful freelance consultant, before even finishing my degree! Gaining that confidence in classes and trusting my research in projects has changed my professional life. I made an array of friendships from people who live all over the world, memories I will never forget, and I don’t regret a second of it!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BilsgWth8Aq/?taken-by=roguegonevogue

BA (Hons) Fashion Public Relations and Communication graduate Josephine Vermilye for LCFBA18.

We talk to BA (Hons) Fashion Styling and Production graduate Georgia Louise Masters, creator of Ritual Zine ahead of our LCFBA18 exhibition at Oval Space. She used her final project to explore food, the domestic space, rituals and print design. She created a self-published magazine for her final project from start to finish. We asked her to tell us an interesting fact about herself, she said, “Between the ages of 4-5, I dressed in a Dalmatian dog onesie every day without fail. My parents pleaded with me to take it off when going out in public but I refused”. We also asked her to describe her time at LCF, she said, “My time at LCF has helped me to develop my visual language and style on many levels. The people I have met and the knowledge I have gained have made the experience so positive and inspiring. The industry guests have also played a huge part in providing me with industry knowledge and inspiration throughout my 3 years”.

BA (Hons) Fashion Styling and Production graduate Ellie Simlett for LCFBA18 took a trip down memory lane for her final project, creating collages, graphics, architectural prints of her time at secondary school. A big fan of Blondie, The Rolling Stones and ABBA, there is also a musical identity to her work. We asked her to describe her time at LCF in 140 characters, she told us, “My time at LCF has been a crazy, whirlwind learning experience, both in relation to my degree and to life. I’ve made friendships that will last a lifetime and I have strengthened my skills and knowledge within my field and beyond”.

Follow Ellie on Instagram

BA Fashion Styling and Production graduate Ellie Simlett for LCFBA18.

Closing our styling, production and communication star series is BA (Hons) Fashion Styling and Production graduate Pearline Annaliese Yeo. For her final project, she explored the ambiguity between fashion and art, and what we know or understand to be art and fashion are actually products of social constructions displayed on a website featuring individual pieces that play around the use of every day in fashion and art. Her project is called Social Constr(Art), the aim was to allow the viewer that there is more than meets the eye with objects of display. Pearline says she has a huge appetite for discovery for someone who has a small body. We asked her to describe her time at LCF, she told us, “Empowering! It is a journey of self-discovery of myself and style of works, learning and growing from experiences made with the friendships formed and guidance from tutors”.

Follow Pearline on Vimeo and Instagram 

BA (Hons) Fashion Styling and Production graduate Pearline Annaliese Yeo for LCFBA18.

Alumni can connect with LCF in the following ways: