London College of Fashion hosted emerging global designers for a series of seminars on the Designer Support Programme for the International Fashion Showcase (IFS). The International Fashion Showcase is an exhibition organised by the British Council and British Fashion Council as part of London Fashion Week. It is held in the West Wing of Somerset House from 19 – 23 February and features work by emerging designers from 24 countries. The theme for 2016 is Utopias, and London College of Fashion will be speaking to some of the designers at the event.
The Designer Support Programme aims to equip the International Fashion Showcase designers with the tools to present their brands on an international stage. It is organised by London College of Fashion, the British Council and the British Fashion Council.
Professor Frances Corner, Head of London College of Fashion and Pro-Vice Chancellor, University of the Arts London introduced the day by talking about the importance of sharing experiences in a global fashion industry, building networks, and exchanging ideas on how we buy, sell and communicate fashion. This was followed by seminars on Sales and Buying, Branding and PR, Business Planning and Designer Stories, followed by a networking reception.
- Watch the film of the 2015 International Fashion Showcase
- International Partnerships and Development at LCF
- International Preparation for Fashion (Certificate in Higher Education)
- International: Introduction to the Study of Fashion (FE Level 3)
- Support for international students
- Photographs by Virginia Samper Carcasona