MA Fashion Photography student Eliška Kyselková is next in our Graduate Spotlight series. Here she discusses her inspiration and offers advice to potential students. Eliška’s final project will be shown alongside the work of hundreds of other graduating MA students at the MA15 Exhibition at Victoria House Basement, which is open to the public 18 – 22 Feb.

Awakening: Purgatorio by Eliska Kyselkova

Awakening: Purgatorio by MA Fashion Photography graduate Eliska Kyselkova

LCF News: Tell us about your final piece of work?

Eliška Kyselková: My final project Awakening is inspired by the book Divine Comedy from Dante Alighieri and refers to the consumerism of today’s society. It aims to connect the fashion element with the themes of Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradise. The jewellery pieces and fashion outfits were selected to accompany the atmosphere of this final series.

This project was a great challenge for me because it involved a lot of designers, models, big productions and most of the images were shot on film (4×5’ and 6×4.5cm). It pushed my imagination, visuality and practice forward.

LCF News: Where did you study prior to your MA at LCF?

EK: I studied at a high school focused on sciences, taught in French language, where I found my passion for photography. Then I studied the BA in Photography at Tomas Bata University in Zlin in the Czech Republic.

LCF News: What are your future plans?

EK: Do an exhibition of my final project, find an agency, work hard and create great imagery!

LCF News: How do you think the course will help you to realise these plans?

EK: The course helped me to find my style and this is very important for realising the next steps in my photography work and practice. Studying at LCF also helped me to make new connections and friendships with designers, make up artists and hairstylists, something so necessary in the fashion industry, as it will bring the work to other creatives and people from the industry.

LCF News: What advice would you give to anyone considering studying an MA at LCF?

EK: Fill out the application form properly with sophisticated and creative ideas and then study, work and connect with others! LCF is the place to be to become a successful creative and it depends just on you, how much you can take from it.

More: