Image shot by Jackie Puwalski

Image shot by Jackie Puwalski

Jackie Puwalski is from the United States and studied MA Fashion Photography.

What and where did you study prior to your MA at LCF?

Prior to LCF I studied photography at the New England School of Photography in Boston.

Did you undertake any internships whilst studying? And if so how do you feel about them?

I did not undertake any internships, however I was a mentee in the LCF MA Mentorship program that is still going on. It has been extremely helpful to be able to speak with someone in the industry on a regular basis and get industry advice.

What are your future plans?

I’m currently continuing the work I began in my masters project as well as branching out into working in other mediums. Ideally I want to position my work in a way that would allow me to use fashion photography to stimulate conversation and awareness of larger issues.

What advice would you give someone wanting to study PG at LCF?

Be present. In every way you can, be actively engaged in your study and your surroundings because that is where the richness of the experience lies. The things that really impact you may come from your professors, your peers, your assignments, or your university involvement, so take the time to be present in the moment and acknowledge them.