Sophisticated Primitive FLAT_WEAR © by Meline Katchi

Meline Katchi is from Los Angeles and studied MA Fashion Footwear.

What inspires you?

Oddly enough, I always look outside the realm of Fashion to find inspiration. My design language inspiration comes from daily encounters to heavy research into  a specific era of architecture, sculpture from a specific region and or era, travelling to discover unique, travelling internationally to experience products in street markets, ethnically diverse clothing/prints and observing the historic evolution of furniture design.

What are your future plans?

It would be my ultimate dream to pursue the development of my brand S|O|P|R , [Sophisticated Primitive]. With my brand I would love to launch my own eCommerce site which would be a marketplace of limited edition SOPR products including  a variety of luxury accessories with distinctive conceptually derived designs.

What advice would you give someone wanting to study at LCF?

I would definitely encourage them to pursue their passion!  With hard work, persistence  and your existing talents, things will soon follow. I truly believe that LCF’s MA Fashion Footwear program is like no other in the world and showcases its strengths in both product development as well as concept development though every stage.