London Fashion Week is a highlight in any fashion calendar and with each season, we can’t believe the number of amazing LCF graduates debuting or returning to showcase their collections to the fashion elite.
Here we bring you a roundup of the freshest LCF talent breaking into the fashion industry at London Fashion Week – including most recent MA Fashion Design Technology Menswear graduate Asger Juel Larsen, who went straight from showcasing his collection on the catwalk at the 2011 MA Catwalk show on 2nd February to showing as part of Vauxhall Fashion Scout’s Ones to Watch Men on 23rd February.
William Tempest (BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology – Womenswear) opted to showcase off the catwalk and instead debuted his Autumn/Winter 2011 collection ‘Dia Anna’ with a short film starting model Amber Le Bon and joined forces with luxury footwear label Mechante of London
- Read William’s behind the scenes diary at Vogue.com
Innovative ethical fashion designer Ada Zanditon, (BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology – Womenswear) showed as part of On|Off at the Mercer Studios. Presenting her collection ‘The Cryoflux’ on mannequins and frozen in a block of ice, the Antarctica inspired collection demonstrated her ability to create beautiful collections with sustainable business practices – a core value of her brand.
- Click here to read Ada’s interview ‘London Fashion Week’s greenist rising star’ with The Ecologist
JW Anderson, (BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology – Menswear) showcased both his womenswear and menswear A/W 2011 collections entitled ‘The Fear of Naturalism’. Anderson was announced as a recipient of the British Fashion Council NEWGEN MEN sponsorship at the end of last year and showed his womenswear collection on day three at Somerset House and his menswear collection as part of menswear day – Anderson also collaborated with Swarovski, using the intricate crystals on shoes and knitwear on both collections.
- Click here to see more images of both collections on Vogue.com
Jena.Theo, design duo Jenny Holmes and Dimitris Theocharidis (BA (Hons) Fashion Design Realisation – Part Time) showed their highly anticipated third On-Schedule collection ‘Valkyrie’, a collection which blended elements of 1980’s cinema with their signature modern cut as part of On|Off at the Mercer Studios.
- Hasan Hejazi, (MA Fashion Design Technology – Womenswear) showed as part of London Fashion Week’s On|Off at the Mercer Studios exhibition. Hejazi, who has seen celebrities such as Marina Diamandis, Paloma Faith and Kylie Minogue wearing his creations, showcased his contemporary, playful, glamorous eveningwear designs
- Nicole Murray (MA Fashion Design Technology – Womenswear) and Una Burke (MA Fashion Artefact) showed as part of the Vauxhall Fashion Scout Exhibition and presentation respectively.
- Fannie Schavioni, (BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology – Womenswear) and Chau Har Lee (BA (Hons) Cordwainers Footwear) were also winners of the BFC Newgen sponsorship and showed as part of the exhibition at London Fashion Week.