In addition to the usual liberal spread of Central Saint Martins’ alumni across the British Fashion Awards, Professor Louise Wilson OBE, is recognised for her contribution to the British fashion industry this year. She is up against fashion stylist, Edward Enninful and LOVE magazine editor and CSM alumna, Katie Grand for the Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creative of the year.
Graduates of both her own MA Fashion course and BA Fashion, headed by Willie Walters, feature in the list. All three designers competing for Designer of the Year are ex-Central Saint Martins – Christopher Kane, Mary Katrantzou (also a graduate of BA Textile Design) and Stella McCartney.
Central Saint Martins graduates in other categories:
- Emerging Talent Womenswear Award – Michael van Der Ham and Simone Rocha
- Emerging Talent Menswear Award – Jonathan Saunders
- Designer Brand of the Year – Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney
- Menswear Designer of the Year – Kim Jones for Louis Vuitton
- Red Carpet Designer of the Year – Roksanda Ilincic and Stella McCartney
- Accessory Designer of the Year – Nicholas Kirkwood
- New Establishment Award – Jonathan Saunders and Meadham Kirchhoff
Winners will be announced at The British Fashion Awards on 27 November.
- MA Fashion course page