With Summer School now officially underway we look back at the stunning work of Alessia Beccia who attended last year’s Reportage Photography course, which seeks to answer what are the secrets used by professional photographers and how do they create beautiful photo-stories?
Alessia Beccia

Alessia Beccia

What is your name and where are you from?

My name is Alessia Beccia and I am from Italy, but I’m living in London.

What is your occupation?

I am a Motion Graphic Designer.

© Alessia Beccia

© Alessia Beccia

What course did you study on and why did you choose it?

I picked Reportage Photography and I chose to do it because I wanted to learn more about the storytelling side of photography.

What did you enjoy most about your course?

Having the time to think about the different briefs we were given. I also enjoyed interacting with the students and the teacher, and having constant feedback about the pictures I was taking.

© Alessia Beccia

© Alessia Beccia

How has this course benefited your career and personal development?

I definitely feel more confident in my skills as a photographer.

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

Taking a short course at CSM gives you more perspective on what you are studying, you also meet fantastic teachers and students!

© Alessia Beccia

© Alessia Beccia

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

Learning from the work of existing and past artists, and sharing your ideas with others.

What 3 words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Fulfilling. Fun. Fresh.

© Alessia Beccia

© Alessia Beccia

Summer School is here and there are plenty of amazing courses to choose from! Reportage Photography will be running again from 29th July 2019 and we also have dates beyond Summer School to book right now, check out our Available Courses Starting Soon page for further dates up to Easter 2020. If you want to see more amazing work from Alessia you can also visit her Instagram, @boech and website.