Foundation Preparation for 16 to 18 Year Old IB Students is a three week Summer School course designed for International Baccalaureate students. It enables students to learn and develop their research skills, sketchbooks, idea generation and decision making, which is exactly what student, Enzo Hachem, was looking for…
Enzo Hachem

Enzo Hachem

What is your name and where are your from?

Enzo Hachem, I am from Paris, France.

What are you studying?

I am actually preparing for a BTEC National Diploma in Visual Merchandising, in France.

What course did you study on and why did you choose it?

I attended the Foundation Preparation for 16 to 18 Year Old IB Students course, for three weeks, at Central Saint Martins. I chose the course because ideally I want to eventually join CSM to attend the Foundation course. I also took a short course in 2017 which I loved, and came back so excited for Foundation Preparation; since then I have now been making every effort to realize my projects for the future.

© Enzo Hachem

© Enzo Hachem

What did you enjoy most about your course?

I really liked the different topics we got to try out, but I especially loved the 3D project design brief (see photographs).

How has this course benefited your career and personal development?

Aside from getting to try out new and different topics to what I am normally used to, I also learned how to use relevant research towards the realization of my projects. I was taught how to present my projects and got to work in a very international environment which was also extremely enriching. I now have a better understanding of how to prepare my complete candidacy towards applying for further education in the future.

© Enzo Hachem

© Enzo Hachem

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

Go for it, it’s amazing!!!

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

I believe that artists need to be creative, of course, but they also need to be very curious and open-minded so that they don’t miss any opportunities for inspiration.

What three words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Amazing. Interesting. New mindset.

© Enzo Hachem

© Enzo Hachem

Don’t miss your opportunity to attend the amazing Foundation Preparation for 16 to 18 Year Old IB Students course! The course starts on Monday 22 July 2019, runs for three weeks and we still have places available to book, so act fast. Or why not discover the other courses taking place over our twelve weeks of Summer School, see you there!