With Summer School almost upon us, we’re looking back at some of the amazing work our students got up to in 2018. Today we revisit the stunning collages created by Uxue Martínez Oroz whilst studying upon Building a Fashion Collection.
© Uxue Martínez Oroz

© Uxue Martínez Oroz

What is your name and where are you from?

Uxue Martínez Oroz. I come from Huarte, which is a small town located in the north of Spain.

What is your occupation?

I teach swing and blues dancing and I am studying sewing and pattermaking, so I can develop my career as a Fashion Designer.

© Uxue Martínez Oroz

© Uxue Martínez Oroz

What course did you study on and why did you choose it?

Over Summer School I attended two intensive one week courses. The first one was Patternmaking – Level 1 and the second was Building a Fashion Collection. As a designer I want to ensure I have as many skills as I can, so I thought that these courses would open up the boundaries of my understanding of fashion design.

What did you enjoy most about your courses?

The materials to work from and with, that both teachers gave us, and professionalism of each course!

© Uxue Martínez Oroz

© Uxue Martínez Oroz

How have these courses benefited your career and personal development?

I now have a new perspective at the way I see my own creativity, which also helped increase my confidence in what I am doing.

© Uxue Martínez Oroz

© Uxue Martínez Oroz

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

Simple. Please, do it!

© Uxue Martínez Oroz

© Uxue Martínez Oroz

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

Live as many experiences as you can. Then you can express to others what you have discovered using your art as a medium.

What three words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Intense. Creativity. Professional.

© Uxue Martínez Oroz

© Uxue Martínez Oroz

You can see more of Uxue’s work on her wonderful Instagram account, @uxue.mo, and her stunning website! If you’re feeling inspired Patternmaking – Level 1 has dates available in July and August whilst Building a Fashion Collection has a single date available in July. Summer School 2019 starts on 24th June and offers 12 weeks of incredible courses to choose from, see you there!