In today’s student stories we spoke with Trine Louise Ween who attended last year’s Summer School course, Character Design for Animation, taught by the renowned Vincent Woodcock.
© Trine Louise Ween

© Trine Louise Ween

Hi! What is your name and where are you from?

Hello, I’m Trine Louise Ween and I’m from Norway, currently living in Bergen.

What is your occupation?

I’m a student and illustrator.

© Trine Louise Ween

© Trine Louise Ween

What course did you study on and why did you choose it?

I studied Character Design for Animation. I chose this course because I wanted to improve my character design skills and develop my drawing. I want to be able to create whatever character I feel like, and felt the course would help me achieve this.

What did you enjoy most about your course?

The feedback was a very positive experience; my tutor, Vincent, was very direct and helped me develop my skills.

© Trine Louise Ween

© Trine Louise Ween

How has this course benefited your career and personal development?

I left the course with a broader understanding of how to make a character 3-dimensional, which is a great skill to have, no matter if you are making an animation or an illustration. I also think I learned more about giving my character a story, and the importance of doing so. Personally the course has also developed my confidence in my own work.

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

Do it! It’s a great experience.

© Trine Louise Ween

© Trine Louise Ween

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

A piece of good art does something to you. It makes you think or feel something.

What 3 words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Good, fun and challenging.

© Trine Louise Ween

© Trine Louise Ween

You can see more of Trine’s work on her website, and if you’re feeling inspired Character Design for Animation has places to book right now, running this Summer School. If you’re looking for something sooner, Easter School started this week and we still have places available upon Vincent’s Cartoon Animation Short Course and Cartooning Fundamentals course.