There’s few things as awesome, fun, punk spirited and personal than making your very own zines! We love them and we’ve loved hearing from Despoina Seferi who attended one of our courses for teenagersMaking Zines: The Art of DIY and Self Publication for 16 to 18 Year Olds; here’s her story.

© Despoina Seferi

Hi! What is your name and where are you from?

My name is Despoina and I am from Athens, Greece.

What is your occupation?

I am an IB (International Baccalaureate) student.

© Despoina Seferi

What did you enjoy most about your course?

I loved being in an environment where my creativity could flourish! Also, meeting people who have the same interests and aspirations as myself, it was all so incredible.

© Despoina Seferi

How has this course benefited your career and personal development?

It has really helped me broaden the type of art I make and introduced me to new techniques.

© Despoina Seferi

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

I would say that their idea is amazing and that they should do it without any hesitation!

© Despoina Seferi

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

Being open and working on your technique is vital, but also loving what you do and being passionate about it is also extremely important. Lastly, reading art magazines, visiting art museums and carrying a sketchbook everywhere is also very helpful.

What 3 words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Exciting, creative and helpful.

© Despoina Seferi

There’s plenty of courses for teenagers available, coming up, and we can’t wait to see which you pick! If you’re feeling inspired by Despoina’s work then Making Zines: The Art of DIY and Self Publication for 16 to 18 Year Olds is running again in our upcoming Summer School… see you there.