Today we are talking to Lara Dal Torrione who attended our Create a Fashion Portfolio – Intermediate course. Looking to begin her fashion journey, Lara shared her amazing sketchbook work with us.
© Lara Dal Torrione

© Lara Dal Torrione

Hi, what is your name and where are you from?

My name is Lara Dal Torrione and I am from Florence, Italy.

What is your occupation?

I am a tattoo artist.

© Lara Dal Torrione

© Lara Dal Torrione

What course did you study on and why did you choose it?

I attended the Create a Fashion Portfolio – Intermediate course. I specifically chose this course because it was one of the most intense and I wanted to see how to prepare a portfolio for applying for a Fashion Folio course. Also, I think a portfolio is a very important way to present your personality and ability to someone who has never met you.

What did you enjoy most about your course?

The collaboration process and comparison experienced with my classmates, who were from all over the world!

© Lara Dal Torrione

© Lara Dal Torrione

How has this course benefited your career and personal development?

I knew the working method of Central Saint Martins and I understood the importance of research to build a fashion collection. I learnt how to draw the face and the body of models and the importance to have a personal way to represent them.

© Lara Dal Torrione

© Lara Dal Torrione

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

I would highly recommend the Create a Fashion Portfolio – Intermediate course because it is a very intensive course where you have the opportunity learn a lot. You have to work hard by yourself, even after lesson, but it is rewarding and only in this way, for me, can the teachers help you.

© Lara Dal Torrione

© Lara Dal Torrione

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

I think  the right expression of creativity and fantasy is integral to the work of an artist, it is the only moment that man can externalize his own interiority.

What 3 words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Intense. Useful. Good.

© Lara Dal Torrione

© Lara Dal Torrione

Start your own fashion journey today, secure a place on an upcoming Create a Fashion Portfolio – Intermediate course. You can also discover many more amazing CSM Short Courses Student Stories for further inspiration! We can’t wait to hear about your student story.