Always wanted to study art but too afraid to make the leap? Don’t fret! Read our Student Stories and hear about real experiences, from real Central Saint Martins Short Courses students, that will help convince you to follow your dreams! In today’s post we speak with and see the work of Alison Glaister, who attended our Introduction to Sculpture short course.
© Alison Glaister

© Alison Glaister

Hi, what is your name and where are you from?

My name is Alison Glaister and I’m from the UK.

What is your occupation?

I’m a retired classical musician.

What course did you study on and why did you choose it?

I chose Jefford Horrigan’s Introduction to Sculpture, because sculpture is my hobby and I wanted to learn more.

What did you enjoy most about your course?

The chance to do anything I wanted to!

© Alison Glaister

© Alison Glaister

How has this course benefited your career and personal development?

It gave me ideas and methods of working to do more, and larger. I was also brought more up to date with what is being created in by contemporary sculptors.

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

Do it!!!

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

Be nice to everyone, turn up on time and do your best.

What 3 words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Expensive, exhilarating, enlightening.

Like what you see? Introduction to Sculpture offers students an intensive introduction to a variety of sculptural techniques; it will not presume you have any previous knowledge so is perfect for absolute beginners as much as hobbyist wanting to take a next step. Courses dates are available for both Easter School and Summer School… SEE YOU THERE! 😀