In this post we hear a student story from Art Direction for Fashion student and Creative Manager, Daniel Collins, who talks about his experience studying at a short course at Central Saint Martins.

© Daniel Collins

What is your name and where are you from?

My Name is Daniel Collins and I’m from Brighton, United Kingdom.

What is your occupation?

Senior Creative Manager at Gap.

© Daniel Collins

What course did you study on and why did you choose it?

I was studying on the Art Direction for Fashion course. I decided to choose the course to further learn and understand about the Art Director’s role in order to further my career.

What did you enjoy most about your course?

Meeting new like minded creative people from all over the planet. Working in teams, collaborating on projects and being taken out of your comfort zone every day, but learning a huge amount. Our tutor was amazing! Guest photographer was inspiring!! What an amazing week!!!

© Daniel Collins

How has this course benefited your career and personal development?

It inspired me to work on more personal projects; you can get bogged down in the day to day of your job but this has given me new energy to strive forward and ultimately be happy and love what I do!

© Daniel Collins

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

Do it! It’s a great place, beautiful building, wonderful team and tutor; highly recommended!

© Daniel Collins

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

That they love what they do and are happy!

© Daniel Collins

What 3 words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Inspirational, inspirational, inspirational!

Anything you would like to add?

Thank you for Helping me fall in love with my career again! I can’t wait to develop what I’ve learned!

© Daniel Collins

Liked Daniel’s work and want to see more? Take a look at his website. Try out Art Direction for Fashion for yourself and secure your place today OR feeling inspired? Take a look at the other courses we have to offer on our website.
Read more of our Students’ stories here.