Our short courses are perfect for first time or returning students looking to try something new, but they’re also an incredible opportunity to develop existing skills or kick start a brand new career change! Which is exactly what Svetlana Nichols did having attending not one but three Central Saint Martins Short Courses.

© Svetlana Nichols

Hi, what is your name and where are you from?

My name is Svetlana Nichols and I am from Ukraine.

What course did you study on and why did you choose them?

I studied on the Introduction To Fashion Design – Full Course, Patternmaking – Experimental And Explorative Approaches Part 1 and Patternmaking – Level 1.

I choose these courses as a starting point for my career in fashion design. I’m also planning to take some other courses in the near future which will help me in developing my own garments.

© Svetlana Nichols

What did you enjoy most about your courses?

The creative elements of the courses. Working on a mannequin, bringing my ideas to life, and then executing to create a garment.

How has this course benefited your career and personal development?

The course have provided me with more motivation to work on my own garments and I now think deeper on the ideas and designs I would like to bring to the world. The courses are tough but exciting at the same time!

© Svetlana Nichols

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

Definitely go for it. You need to get the experience if you want to understand what art and creativity means.

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

Self-believe, self-discipline and attention to detail.

© Svetlana Nichols

© Svetlana Nichols

What 3 words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Art comes first!

Feeling inspired? You can book a place upon Introduction To Fashion Design – Full Course, Patternmaking – Experimental And Explorative Approaches Part 1 and Patternmaking – Level 1 right now! Or discover plenty more amazing courses running this December during our Christmas School, see you there.