When Emilia Cooke sent us a vlog she had made about her Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds Summer School experience we just knew we had to share it with you all! Emilia also tells us how she came to the course via a friend’s recommendation and how the course became a gateway to brand new skills and experimentation.

Hi, what is your name and where are you from?

My name is Emilia Cooke and I’m from Newcastle, England.

What is your occupation?

I’m a student in year 13 at a high school for girls; I’m currently studying A level textiles, graphics and business studies.

Tell us about the vlog you made.

I made a YouTube video of my whole CSM experience as I wanted to show people the amazing things I got up to throughout the week, whilst on my course.

© Emilia Cooke

© Emilia Cooke

What course did you study on and why did you choose it?

The course I studied upon was Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds. I decided to do this course due to a friend highly recommending it and the course description ticked a lot of boxes for fashion design areas I wanted to try out, such as a textiles workshop.

What did you enjoy most about your course?

I enjoyed making friends from all around the world as well as meeting some fantastic tutors. I also loved experimenting with many different art forms and felt I learnt a great deal about techniques that I had never even considered before. I also got to use the fantastic state of the art facilities that Central Saint Martins has to offer.

© Emilia Cooke

© Emilia Cooke

How has this course benefited your career and personal development?

The course has made me realise how important it is to develop your work and express how you decided upon what you are doing. I also feel I have personally developed upon my existing abilities as well as learning many new ones that I can now use in my continued studies. The Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds course was like nothing I have ever done before and I really enjoyed it as it put me out of my comfort zone.

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

Book onto the course ASAP! Not only is it a fantastic course but the tutors, pupils and facilities are all beyond amazing. You’ll expand your knowledge and get a new understanding of many aspects to fashion that you might not be aware off.

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

I believe passion, enthusiasm and commitment are all core values of an artist; I also believe love for what you do is very important.

What 3 words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Professional. Quality. New.

© Emilia Cooke

© Emilia Cooke

You can see more from Emilia via her Instagram and YouTube channel, EmiliaRoseCooke. You can also secure Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds places on our Christmas School, Easter School 2019 and Summer School 2019 sessions right now! Want more? Why not check the other courses for teenagers that CSM has to offer. See you soon!