Whilst Summer Term is now underway, we fondly look back at Easter School 2018, via our competition blog post winner, Aida Lebedeva. Aida, a practicing artist, studied upon two Easter School courses at UAL; here she shares her experience and examples of the incredible work she has produced upon her courses.
©Aida Lebedeva

Aida Lebedeva

What is your name and where are you from?

Aida Lebedeva. I was born in Lithuania and I have lived in London for the past sixteen years.

What is your occupation?

I am an artists. I’m presently working on my paintings, drawings and a website.

©Aida Lebedeva

©Aida Lebedeva

What courses did you study on and why did you choose them?

During Easter School I studied Life Drawing with Light and Shadow, because I love drawing the human figure; last year, Autumn Term, I studied Anatomical Drawing for Beginners to develop my drawing ability. Outside of CSM, I also studied Oil Painting Level 2, at Chelsea College of Arts, to learn more about the advanced techniques of oil painting

©Aida Lebedeva

©Aida Lebedeva

What did you enjoy most about your courses?

Upon Life Drawing with Light and Shadow I loved the tutor’s choice of models, they were wonderful, and how fantastic and inspiring the teacher was (the BP Portrait Award Prize 2018 shortlisted, Miriam Escofet). The class atmosphere made me feel like I could be happy to study forever at Central Saint Martins.

How has the course benefited your career and personal development?

Personally it has benefited me greatly, in many ways. I gained confidence and knowledge that will help me open doors to becoming a known, professional artist, in the future.

©Aida Lebedeva

©Aida Lebedeva

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

Choose the course you would love to develop your skills and expand your abilities in. This will benefit you greatly whilst studying for a shorter period of time, and you will definitely meet inspiring people!

©Aida Lebedeva

©Aida Lebedeva

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

I believe ability comes from within, but even talented people require the knowledge and practice to learn the basics and certain rules about art.

What three words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Inspiring. Wonderful. Success.

©Aida Lebedeva

©Aida Lebedeva

Final words…

Thank you for a great opportunity to learn new skills. I will never forget this experience and I look forward to developing further with CSM, in future.

Want to see more of Aida’s impressive work, check out her Instagram account, @artgallery_aida, today. If you’re feeling inspired we have a wide range of amazing short courses available for you to book, right now, upon the CSM Short Courses website, what will you choose?