Autumn Term is here and as always, we’re so excited to celebrate the many incredible and diverse courses we have on offer! But with so many wonderful courses available we know choosing the one for you can sometimes be a bit daunting. So if you’re in need of some inspiration we have created our #TrySomethingNew series; we have already been recommending courses upon our Facebook and Twitter feeds, but here you’ll also get to meet and read about our students and the amazing courses they have joined. First up we spoke to Fashion Designer, Eloisa Gordon, about her journey to Bridget Miles’s Fashion and Textile Forecasting course and why following through on a recommendation led to an incredible experience.
Eloisa Gordon

Eloisa Gordon

What is your name?

Eloisa Gordon.

Where do you live?

I come from Buenos Aires, Argentina, but I am currently living in London.

© Eloisa Gordon, Memories Of India

© Eloisa Gordon, Memories Of India

What is your occupation?

I am a Fashion Designer.

What Central Saint Martins short course were you taking?

I attended the Fashion and Textile Forecasting course which is taught by Bridget Miles.

© Eloisa Gordon, Memories Of India

© Eloisa Gordon, Memories Of India

Why did you choose this short course in particular?

I had a friend who previously attended the very same course; they loved it and recommended it to me. They adored the experience and explained the course had helped them to better understand how companies planned their collections, and the process involved of developing trends.

In addition, as I was looking for more information about the course I found the CSM Short Courses Blog. I liked how clear and keen to recommend the different short courses the students were. After all the positive feedback I was confident that the course would increase my knowledge in forecasting and expand upon my fashion interests.

What’s integral to the work of an artist?

I think an artist should be truly passionate for and about their work.

© Eloisa Gordon, Memories Of India

© Eloisa Gordon, Memories Of India

What did you enjoy most about your course?

I loved every day, it was always different and full of material! I especially enjoyed our visit to Mode Information, a trend supplier.

How has the course benefitted your career or personal development?

It definitely increased my knowledge of forecasting whilst giving me the opportunity to better understand how a company carries out trend research in order to design a collection.

© Eloisa Gordon, Memories Of India

© Eloisa Gordon, Memories Of India

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking this course, or another short course at CSM?

I would very much recommend the courses at CSM! I had a wonderful time and think everyone should be able to experience the same. Having the opportunity to study with people from different countries and cultures always enhances and increases ones knowledge and creativity, and definitely widens the mind.

© Eloisa Gordon, Memories Of India

© Eloisa Gordon, Memories Of India

You can follow Eloisa on Instagram, @eloisagordon. There are currently spaces available upon the next Fashion and Textile Forecasting courses running in December and many others in 2018. See the full list of courses by visit the Central Saint Martins Short Courses website and #TrySomethingNew!
Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on StumbleUponPin on Pinterest