V&A Connects presents: An Evening of Heavy Metal with 3D Design from Camberwell College of Arts
Date: Tuesday 19 April 2011, 18.30-20.30
Venue: V&A Museum – Sackler Centre, London SW7 2RL (Please use Exhibition Road entrance)
Join us for an evening of contemporary metal design. Evening includes:
- An overview of Galvanize Sheffield: a festival showcasing work by contemporary silversmiths led by Sara Unwin.
- A show and tell session led by Nick Wright on Ernest Wright and Son scissor making and the challenges facing the trade.
- Get tips on careers in silversmithing.
- See a temporary display of work by Camberwell BA 3D Design students inspired by Wentworth Pewter led by Richard Abdy.
- Keith Tyssen will speak about his latest commission to design a pewter tankard based on the work of David Mellor.
Tickets – £9, £6 concessions (includes drinks reception)
Book online – www.vam.ac.uk/activ_events/events/va-connects/
Find out more about Camberwell BA 3D Design -