We would like to see designs that capture the essence of what it means to be part of the UAL alumni community, and what UAL stands for. We are not only looking for a British perspective, so designs that reflect UAL’s international reputation are also welcomed. We are interested in designs that reflect your time at UAL – for example, what are your fond memories from your time with us? And what has UAL meant to you?
Designs can be colour, black and white and include ANY medium the designer is working with. The one stipulation is that the design must be submitted digitally. The winning designs will be printed on a variety of materials such as cotton tote bags, plastic travel card holders and paper sketch pads, and so will need to be translatable to these formats.
Submissions are welcome from all UAL graduates from foundation to postgraduate levels. We will also accept applications from students graduating in 2018.
The final three designs will be chosen by a selection panel and judged on their originality, creativity, public appeal and adaptability. Entrants are welcome to submit up to three designs; however, only one per artist will make the final selection.
What’s in it for you?
The three selected artists will receive the following:
- £250 of vouchers to spend on Amazon.com
- See your name and designs be printed on the official UAL Alumni Association merchandise and distributed to graduates, prospective students and friends of UAL across the globe. The designs and designer’s contact information/website/social media will also be shared across UAL Alumni Association social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and across other UAL channels. It will also be featured on the UAL Alumni Association homepage.
- Be featured in an article along with the other two artists highlighting your work and telling your story (here is a link to last year’s winners). There will also be links to your website and social media pages. This article will be posted on UAL’s news blog, featured on the UAL Alumni Association homepage and in the monthly UAL Alumni Bulletin (sent to approx. 87,000 graduates world-wide).
UAL will own the intellectual property (IP) of the final winning designs. IP for all submitted but not selected designs will remain with the artist. Selected winners will be required to sign a contract signing over the IP rights to UAL.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Midnight on 27 April 2018
All submissions should be made via the dedicated competition form.
Entries will only be accepted if ALL the following information is included in the submission form:
- Full name
- Course and College
- Short statement explaining your design and how it fits the brief
- Up to three jpeg images of your designs*
*Please note that higher resolution proofs will be required from the designers for final production.