The London College of Fashion Arts Programme and East London Dance are delighted to offer students and emerging practitioners the exciting opportunity to take part in the inaugural Creative Dance and Technology Lab, an initiative aimed at bringing costume design, technology and dance closer together.
A select group consisting of a mixture of costume designers, choreographers and creative technologists will take part in a week-long workshop and be offered the chance to come together in teams to develop a body of work over the summer months in 2017.
Starting with a 1-Week Intensive in July comprised of presentations, workshops and testing in the newly opened Digital Learning Lab and Arcade East spaces at Mare Street, participants can then split into smaller groups to develop their ideas further. They will investigate how physical computing, mixed and virtual reality and e-textiles can inform their practice when combined with dance and choreography. Space can be booked by groups for rehearsals and tests of individual projects before coming together for another full week of rehearsals in early September. At the end of this week, groups will present their idea and performance to pitch for a place at East London Dance’s Fashion Weekender in Spring 2018.
This call is open to UAL students and alumni from backgrounds in fashion and costume, media production and interactive design subjects. It is also open to emerging choreographers with an interest in exploring the possibilities of technology and collaborative working practices.
Please join us at Arcade East on 16 May to hear more about this opportunity, book your place here.
- w/o 8 May – More details about programme and application procedures announced
- 16 May – Creative Dance and Technology Lab – Project briefing. Find out more details about the creative lab programme: 6.30-9pm, Arcade East, LCF, 182 Mare Street, E8 3RE
- 31 May – Application deadline
- w/o 5 June – Selection of workshop participants
- 17-21 July – Creative Lab Intensive week 1
- August – Possibility for groups to book rehearsal time in Arcade East
- 4-9 Sep – Creative Lab Intensive week 2
- Before 13 Sep – Selection of piece for Fashion + Dance Weekender 2019